Lange interview at new-series.org

  • Paul W Romaine <romaine@pipeline.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
      Andrew Crewdson, owner of new-series.org, a site dedicated to type,
      letterforms and their history, has posted an interview with this
      group's irrepressible co-moderator, Gerald Lange. There are
      interesting observations on polymer plate, trends in letterpress
      printing, and digital type, as well as hints of an upcoming book from
      the Bieler Press. All in all, an interesting read!

      Here is Andy's announcement:

      >Today I posted a new article on the site. This is an interview
      with Gerald Lange, a fine printer who specializes in printing
      digital type from photopolymer plates. You can read the interview at
      http://www.new-series.org

      >Andy Crewdson
      >andy@... <

      A personal observation: it's too bad Andy didn't ask Gerald about his
      transition from metal to digital type at Bieler. It seems to me a
      missed opportunity.

      Gerald, any other points you would like to have addressed?

      Paul
      PPLetterpress Co-moderator

      Paul W. Romaine
      romaine@...
      http://home.pipeline.com/~romaine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
        Hi Paul

        Oh, it's a story that's been told before.

        Haven't done an interview in over a decade but was honored when Andy asked. I have a lot of respect for what he is trying to do. But I was just trying to follow his lead with this and address his questions as directly and as fully as I could.

        Pleased you thought well of it.

        All best

        Gerald