Re: [PPLetterpress] 219 Questions

  • Fritz Klinke
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2003
      For starters, there were two versions of the 219, and production by
      Vandercook overlapped during the transition from the Old Style to the New
      Style. One of the very few manuals we do not have is the Old Style 219. We
      do have all the blueprints. I usually refer people having problems with an
      Old Style to someone who has an understanding or has one of this model, and
      for Katie, she should contact Elias Roustom, who she already knows. A key
      factor for us is to have a serial number and then we can determine what to
      send someone. Our serial number files are about 99.5% complete. The Old
      Style 219 dates from the 1930s but was in production almost up to 1950. It
      bears very little resemblance to the New Style 219 which appears to have
      been completely redesigned along traditional Vandercook operating
      principles. Without a source manual ourselves, we can 't offer much help.

      Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
      1314 Greene Street, P.O. Box 467
      Silverton, Colorado 81433 USA
      970-387-0212, fax 970-387-0127