Re: Shores of a photopolymer for a Heidelberg Windmill?

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2010
      OK, Gerald, thanks for the specifics on plastic backed plates, not something I have used. To either further clarify (or belabor) the point: by "Printight" I was referring specifically to the green metal-backed KM plates, but by "Boxcar-type" I meant unknown brand yellow plastic-backed plates. Even Miraclon offers those.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • bielerpr
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
        Eric

        I use steel-backed plates for my own work, but I am quite familiar with polyester-backed plates. I process them for a number of folks and teach at an educational institution where they are favored. I think they work very well for their intended purpose. There is a huge variance in approaches to letterpress, and significantly different needs and aspirations, but I would, "personally," never buy into that system; I would give it up and go back to the metal that I still have. I'm not being a snob, I just know what I want and expect.