Re: Acrylic Ink - UV cure ink perhaps

  • author50401
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 15 6:25 AM
      Kalle:

      There certainly are UV-cured inks of a consistency to be used in letterpress printing. There are several manufacturers of these inks and I have seen very successful results using them in label applications. Flexo inks are too low in viscosity to work well.

      One of the biggest problems with the UV-cured option for most of us is the equipment investment and floor space required. The UV-cure units for sheet-fed applications of any size (I'm thinking posters and broadsides) would run $8,000 to $18,000 unless you could find used equipment.

      If the equipment were available, it would seem to be a good choice for demonstration purposes, but not for historical re-enactors.

      Keep your eyes peeled for good used equipment in your area.

      John Henry
      Cedar Creek Press