Re: [PPLetterpress] re: Windmill losing impression strength?

  • Keith Berger
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12, 2010
      Ditto. You get it cutting, start running and a minute later it isn't
      cutting. I agree with Katey, probably the die settles back.

      Keith

      On Apr 12, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Katelynn Corrigan wrote:

      > Hello Leora,
      >
      > This is completely normal. It's happened to me a hundered times and
      > I've never seen any evidence of damange to the shear collar
      > connected with it. Do not fret that your machine is breaking. I
      > believe this effect is caused by the die and or chase 'settling'-
      > especially if it's been locked up in such a way that the metal parts
      > of the die are not resting against the back of the press, the first
      > few impressions will push they back through the wood and you'll have
      > to make an impression adjustment. Just make a habit of staying with
      > the press while running a die cut, to check to see if you're still
      > cutting through periodically.
      >
      > Be well,
      >
      > -Katey
      >

      > The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts
      > with Hotmail. Get busy.

      www.CrankyPressman.com
      The old letterpress printer getting it done online.

      To follow my shenanigans
      http://twitter.com/CrankyNation

      Telephone: (800) 433-1288
      Facsimile: (330) 337-0538
      A division of The Graphic Touch Letterpress Co.
      150 Penn Avenue, Salem, Ohio 44460