Re: [PPLetterpress] Digital Font Question

  • Brian Allen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2003
      Katie -
      Most likely the font files have become corrupted. You should delete the
      files and reinstall the font.
      Brian

    • Gerald Lange <bieler@worldnet.att.net>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2003
        Katie

        Brian is correct here. But if you don't have the original font to
        replace (not uncommon these days with downloadable purchases and
        neglect in backup) you might be able to regenerate the suitcase
        (bitmap/screen) font from the outline (printer) font by using a
        font-editor such as Fontographer or FontLab. Open the outline font and
        regenerate the suitcase. This will often solve the problem.

        A program that can often fix corrupt fonts is FontDoctor. FontDoctor
        is included with Suitcase 10, or at least was included with mine. It
        can be purchased separately.

        I use Suitcase for font management. The recent version of ATM (aka ATM
        Light, version 4.6.2+) no longer does font management. ATM Deluxe
        (combination manager/rastorizer) was discontinued with the new Mac
        OS, though you still need ATM as a rastorizer if you are running
        PostScript fonts.

        Gerald

      • Fontdr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2003
          I rebuild my fonts in the Fontgrapher program. I use the ATM because
          FontReserve and Suitcase are more clumbsy to use.
          Bob Trogman
        • Tim Honnor
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2003
            No - but I know a good one right here in Scotland!!
            Tim Honnor
            www.piccolopress.co.uk

            In message <avnka2+m0lk@...>, "carey johnson
            <careysuejohnson@...>" <careysuejohnson@...> writes
            >Can anyone recommend a good photo engraver in LA? Both metal and
            >photopolymer. Thanks.
            >

            >• To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
            >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
            >• Encountering problems? contact:
            >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
            >• To unsubscribe:

            Tim Honnor - Piccolo Press - 90 Harbour Street - Nairn - IV12 4PG
            tel: 01667 454508 fax 01667 454509
            www.piccolopress.co.uk