Letterpress/Bookbinding Workshop - Evanston, Illinois

  • Eileen Madden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2010
      This is a new offering for us, and we're very exicted about it:

      Ink + Thread – Printed Editions

      with Stacey Stern & Jennifer Hunt Johnson

      March 22 – May 24

      7:00 – 10:00 p.m.

      $385 + $25.00 materials fee

      In this class join Stacey Stern of Steracle Press, and Jennifer Hunt
      Johnson of Red Letter Bindery, in taking your manifesto from concept,
      to print, to book. This ten-week class for beginners will walk you
      through the entire bookmaking process. You will start with concept and
      design, and learn techniques for page layout and planning your
      project. Stacey will then show you how to mix inks, register and print
      your own pages with flair. Then join Jen in the bindery to learn the
      basics of working with paper and adhesives, folding, and simple sewing
      techniques to complete a unique binding for your beautifully printed
      sheets. You will experience accordion binding, stab binding, and
      pamphlet stitch, and will apply your favorite techniques to create
      your finished book.

      Previous experience with letterpress printing from polymer plates
      preferred.

      Maximum 6 participants.

      Evanston Print & Paper

      1125 Florence