Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Die cut or corner rounding machine?

  • Nicolas Goosen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8 5:23 AM
      I've done that recently when rounding just one corner - works nicely -
      the die completely cut two sides and then I guillotined the other two
      sides.

      Not sure about using that method for rounding all four corners,
      though. Surely that defeats the idea of die-cutting it to get a
      perfectly smooth corner? As Barbara put it 'the smooth cut made by a
      continuous die.'

      Nicolas

    • Lance Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8 2:20 PM
        In the case of making something like a round-cornered card, I would use a
        die that cuts all four corners and three sides, and then trim the fourth
        side on the cutter to finish off the card.... Still no need for nicks to
        hold the pieces together, and accurate cutting will give all-around smooth
        edges.

        - Lance Williams
        Williams Stationery Co.
        Camden, New York
        APA #785

      • Nicolas Goosen
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8 10:51 PM
          Okay, leaving one side off the die seems like a good idea. I was
          imagining all four sides being left for the guillotine. Thanks for the
          tip!

          Nicolas