Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Die cut or corner rounding machine?

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
      Nicolas,

      When die cutting round corners, you die cut the curved corners first onto
      slightly oversized stock. Then trim it to size, exactly to the size of
      the end of the curve cuts, and there are no nicks needed to keep the scrap
      attached.

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York
      APA #785

    • Nicolas Goosen
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
        I've done that recently when rounding just one corner - works nicely -
        the die completely cut two sides and then I guillotined the other two
        sides.

        Not sure about using that method for rounding all four corners,
        though. Surely that defeats the idea of die-cutting it to get a
        perfectly smooth corner? As Barbara put it 'the smooth cut made by a
        continuous die.'

        Nicolas

      • Lance Williams
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
          In the case of making something like a round-cornered card, I would use a
          die that cuts all four corners and three sides, and then trim the fourth
          side on the cutter to finish off the card.... Still no need for nicks to
          hold the pieces together, and accurate cutting will give all-around smooth
          edges.

          - Lance Williams
          Williams Stationery Co.
          Camden, New York
          APA #785

        • Nicolas Goosen
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
            Okay, leaving one side off the die seems like a good idea. I was
            imagining all four sides being left for the guillotine. Thanks for the
            tip!

            Nicolas