Re: [PPLetterpress] re: wood sheet/paper

  • Jill Velez
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
      of course, i know, i meant we might letterpress a design on them.  tbd!

      Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
        I don't know about the folded part but I bought some thin wooden money from the Moose Jaw Chamber of Commerce back in the early 80's.

        Good luck.

        Anita.

        www.anitamaedraper.blogspot.com
        www.prairiechickswriteromance.blogspot.com
        www.twitter.com/anitamaedraper
        www.inkwellinspirations.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
          Hi, You can buy wood veneer in sheets from NY Central Art Supply. Their online catalog is a beast but you should be able to find it on this page by scrolling down http://www.nycentralartsupply.com/americas/usa4.html. I buy this all the time to use in bindings. It is paper backed and prints very well. It's worth getting the swatch book.

          Good luck,
          Amy Borezo
          http://shelterbookworks.blogspot.com/
        • BirdDog Press
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
            there is also cardsofwood.com that will sell you blanks of their veneer, they do 1ply and 2ply and can back it with a material that will allow folding.
            hope that helps in your quest.

            +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +
            b i r d  d o g  p r e s s

            Alli Bozeman   Lyons, Colorado
            *** APA #823 ***

          • Norman McKnight
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010

              I have about fifty sheets of wood grained paper, 8.5x11, which I bought from Daniel Smith in

              Seattle; but I see by their current catalogue that it is no longer listed. The sheets are plain on

              the verso & a lovely wood grain from a mould on the face. It is white/ivory in color. I think it

              possible that Daniel Smith could tell you who their supplier might have been. Their number

              is 800 426 6740, & I would ask for the paper buyer or manager. They can also be reached by

              email at customer.service@...

              Norman McKnight

              Philoxenia Press

              Berkeley

            • David Goodrich
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 7, 2010
                If you actually want veneer, the source for it is Albert Constantine, which moved from Bronx to Florida several years ago.  Check their website.   You cut it with a razor blade or mat knife.  Used by itself, it splits very easily so the paper-backed variety would be better to print on.
                David