Re: [PPLetterpress] re: wood sheet/paper

  • nohogallery@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
      I would...ha...imagine slit scoring the veneer...you would not be
      letterpressing place cards...each one has a different name.

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
        Try edgewood paper edgewoodpaper.com
        I haven't used it yet, but got a sample book and it's pretty cool stuff.

        Jill Broadhacker
        Creative Director/Owner
        jill@...

        Jilly Jack Designs, LLC
        13246 Lamana Place
        Westfield, IN 46074
        P: 317.414.5955
        F: 317.733.2974
        W: http://www.jillyjackdesignsllc.com
        B: http://www.jillyjackdesigns.blogspot.com
        T: http://twitter.com/jillyjackdesign
        FB: http://tinyurl.com/jillyjackfacebook

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
          of course, i know, i meant we might letterpress a design on them.  tbd!

          Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
            I don't know about the folded part but I bought some thin wooden money from the Moose Jaw Chamber of Commerce back in the early 80's.

            Good luck.

            Anita.

            www.anitamaedraper.blogspot.com
            www.prairiechickswriteromance.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/anitamaedraper
            www.inkwellinspirations.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
              Hi, You can buy wood veneer in sheets from NY Central Art Supply. Their online catalog is a beast but you should be able to find it on this page by scrolling down http://www.nycentralartsupply.com/americas/usa4.html. I buy this all the time to use in bindings. It is paper backed and prints very well. It's worth getting the swatch book.

              Good luck,
              Amy Borezo
              http://shelterbookworks.blogspot.com/
            • BirdDog Press
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
                there is also cardsofwood.com that will sell you blanks of their veneer, they do 1ply and 2ply and can back it with a material that will allow folding.
                hope that helps in your quest.

                +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +
                b i r d  d o g  p r e s s

                Alli Bozeman   Lyons, Colorado
                *** APA #823 ***

              • Norman McKnight
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010

                  I have about fifty sheets of wood grained paper, 8.5x11, which I bought from Daniel Smith in

                  Seattle; but I see by their current catalogue that it is no longer listed. The sheets are plain on

                  the verso & a lovely wood grain from a mould on the face. It is white/ivory in color. I think it

                  possible that Daniel Smith could tell you who their supplier might have been. Their number

                  is 800 426 6740, & I would ask for the paper buyer or manager. They can also be reached by

                  email at customer.service@...

                  Norman McKnight

                  Philoxenia Press

                  Berkeley

                • David Goodrich
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 7, 2010
                    If you actually want veneer, the source for it is Albert Constantine, which moved from Bronx to Florida several years ago.  Check their website.   You cut it with a razor blade or mat knife.  Used by itself, it splits very easily so the paper-backed variety would be better to print on.
                    David