Re: [PPLetterpress] re: wood sheet/paper

  • nohogallery@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
      I would...ha...imagine slit scoring the veneer...you would not be
      letterpressing place cards...each one has a different name.

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
        yeah i told the planner it's going to cost her a fortune.  so i'm probably going through a lot of effort only to have the cost declined.  but at least i'm learning a new resource!
        i have chip charts from gmund and that's not what she's looking for, but i do love that savannah paper!  i think the veneer response is more accurate.  i will look into that, thanks!
        jill

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
          Try edgewood paper edgewoodpaper.com
          I haven't used it yet, but got a sample book and it's pretty cool stuff.

          Jill Broadhacker
          Creative Director/Owner
          jill@...

          Jilly Jack Designs, LLC
          13246 Lamana Place
          Westfield, IN 46074
          P: 317.414.5955
          F: 317.733.2974
          W: http://www.jillyjackdesignsllc.com
          B: http://www.jillyjackdesigns.blogspot.com
          T: http://twitter.com/jillyjackdesign
          FB: http://tinyurl.com/jillyjackfacebook

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
            of course, i know, i meant we might letterpress a design on them.  tbd!

            Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 5, 2010
              I don't know about the folded part but I bought some thin wooden money from the Moose Jaw Chamber of Commerce back in the early 80's.

              Good luck.

              Anita.

              www.anitamaedraper.blogspot.com
              www.prairiechickswriteromance.blogspot.com
              www.twitter.com/anitamaedraper
              www.inkwellinspirations.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
                Hi, You can buy wood veneer in sheets from NY Central Art Supply. Their online catalog is a beast but you should be able to find it on this page by scrolling down http://www.nycentralartsupply.com/americas/usa4.html. I buy this all the time to use in bindings. It is paper backed and prints very well. It's worth getting the swatch book.

                Good luck,
                Amy Borezo
                http://shelterbookworks.blogspot.com/
              • BirdDog Press
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010
                  there is also cardsofwood.com that will sell you blanks of their veneer, they do 1ply and 2ply and can back it with a material that will allow folding.
                  hope that helps in your quest.

                  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  +
                  b i r d  d o g  p r e s s

                  Alli Bozeman   Lyons, Colorado
                  *** APA #823 ***

                • Norman McKnight
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 6, 2010

                    I have about fifty sheets of wood grained paper, 8.5x11, which I bought from Daniel Smith in

                    Seattle; but I see by their current catalogue that it is no longer listed. The sheets are plain on

                    the verso & a lovely wood grain from a mould on the face. It is white/ivory in color. I think it

                    possible that Daniel Smith could tell you who their supplier might have been. Their number

                    is 800 426 6740, & I would ask for the paper buyer or manager. They can also be reached by

                    email at customer.service@...

                    Norman McKnight

                    Philoxenia Press

                    Berkeley

                  • David Goodrich
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 7, 2010
                      If you actually want veneer, the source for it is Albert Constantine, which moved from Bronx to Florida several years ago.  Check their website.   You cut it with a razor blade or mat knife.  Used by itself, it splits very easily so the paper-backed variety would be better to print on.
                      David