ISO archival labels w/adhesive backing

  • Katherine Risseeuw
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 2:22 PM
      Ed is right, wheat starch paste is the best option here, as it is
      reversible.

      A good resource for these questions is the Conservation Online Distlist,
      with searchable archives from CoOL, as well as the Preservation
      Administration listserv (PADG). Suppliers of archival materials are listed,
      as well.
      http://cool.conservation-us.org/

      Enjoy!

      Katie Risseeuw

      From: Ed Inman <edinman@...>
      Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:08:39 -0600
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] ISO archival labels w/adhesive backing

      I asked that same question many years ago and was told rather sternly by
      some librarians there is really no such thing as an archival self-adhesive
      sticker suitable for bookplates. Over time they will peel and stain, causing
      damage to antique books.
      I was told a more professional approach is to use an acid free paper
      attached with wheat paste:
      http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-284-900-052
      Ed

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1 3:37 PM
        Yes, it worked. Good post.
        Now you'll turn up in their archives when someone searches far into the
        future.

        On 2/1/10 3:22 PM, "Katherine Risseeuw" <kt.risseeuw@...> wrote:

        > Ed is right, wheat starch paste is the best option here, as it is
        > reversible.
        >
        > A good resource for these questions is the Conservation Online Distlist,
        > with searchable archives from CoOL, as well as the Preservation
        > Administration listserv (PADG). Suppliers of archival materials are listed,
        > as well.
        > http://cool.conservation-us.org/
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > Katie Risseeuw
        >

        > From: Ed Inman <edinman@...>
        > Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:08:39 -0600
        > To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] ISO archival labels w/adhesive backing
        >
        > I asked that same question many years ago and was told rather sternly by
        > some librarians there is really no such thing as an archival self-adhesive
        > sticker suitable for bookplates. Over time they will peel and stain, causing
        > damage to antique books.
        > I was told a more professional approach is to use an acid free paper
        > attached with wheat paste:
        > http://www.danielsmith.com/Item--i-284-900-052
        > Ed

      • Tia Blassingame
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2 11:21 AM
          Everyone,
          Thank you very much for your suggestions and leads. I really appreciate!
          Tia Blassingame, LEED GAPrimrose Pressprimrosepress.etsy.comwww.twitter.com/primrosepress