Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Fox River Teton

  • Ed Inman
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 15, 2010
      This 2007 blog offers a little information on Teton:
      http://www.thepapermillstore.com/blog/2007/04/neenah-paper-announces-plans-for.html

      One graph states as follows:
      Neenah is contemplating how to position and how to move forward with; Crushed Leaf, Valley Forge, Parchment, Voice, EverGreen, Gainsborough and Teton. They state they will "extract the strengths moving forward" from these brands and position them appropriately.

      What exactly that means I'm not sure. It doesn't say they are "discontinued," but neither did Neenah promise to "fully support" them as they did with some other former Fox River brands.

      There is no longer any mention of or links to "Teton" as an active brand at neenahpaper.com. Nor is it any longer stocked by my local supplier.

      If it is still being made I'd love to know who carries it at this point, in what weights/colors, and how it can be ordered.

      thanks,
      Ed

      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 15, 2010
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "digitalletterpress" <bradley@...> wrote:

        > Not sure where this information about Teton came from, but my supplier called the mill and they said that it was not being discontinued.

        True, I have purchased Teton announcement envelopes and parent sheets of cover stock in the last month through Kelly Paper. But there is no _current_ mention of Teton on the Neenah company website and it is not listed among their line of papers. Or perhaps the information is hidden behind another impenatrable layer of javascript.
        As for the Pastelle rumor, a customer ordered some Pastelle cover from a local paper distributor and was told that it was going to be discontinued in the future, and whether specifically true or not, it is part of the same dismal trend. At the last local paper house the discontinued printing papers have been replaced with digital paper. Even many of the letterhead sheets are going to "digital finish" which takes most of the texture away.
        --Eric Holub, SF
      • Gene Pawlowski
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 15, 2010