Re: paper question

  • The_Melzer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
      T. J.,

      I have an Okidata C9800 that will... it will handle 12" x 18", and 12" by I believe 56" Doesn't introduce much curl at all. (Probably would be even less if I used the straight through paper path) The color is good, the registration is very consistent.

      Mel
    • Austin Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
        I have an Epson R2400. It will certainly handle Lettra paper fine. I just
        purchased an HP B8550. I have not printed Lettra on it yet but it has a
        straight through option as well as the Epson and should be able to handle it
        fine.

        I think the issue is not can it handle it, but what sort of image are you
        wanting to print. Both of these printers are primarily Photo Printers.
        Lettra does not lend itself to printing photos very well. The HP is more
        suited to printing large amounts of black. The Epson has 8 separate ink
        cartridges. The HP has 5. HP printers all want to turn the paper 180
        degrees. I do not like this idea. Epson on some models do the same. Even for
        most standard paper handling some form of straight through is better in my
        mind. Both of these printers are 13x19 printers.

        As I said you should select a printer based on what you want to print. There
        are other printers from Epson, Canon, and HP which can print heavy stock for
        primarily black ink. But for Photo Printing, you cannot go wrong with Epson.
        They have the technology for photo printing down. HP is doing a good job of
        capturing the consumer photo printing market. Their printers are able to
        handle computerless photo printing quite well. Epson is more oriented to the
        professional.

        Austin Jones
        prints by AJ
        austin@...
        http://printsbyaj.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2010
          I have a Canon Pixma Pro9000 which can easily accommodate 110# stock but
          does not print well on cotton, the ink bleeds. Has anyone has success
          printing on cotton with any of the other printers mentioned (Epson, Okidata,
          HP)?

          --Keetgi

          ___

          Keetgi Kogan

          Monkey Business

          477 Hillside Lane

          Santa Monica, California 90402

          310 454 7947

          310 383 5972

          keetgi.kogan@...

          monkeybusinesspress.com

        • Bryan Hutcheson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2010
            We print on thick cotton papers using our Epson 2200. It has settings
            for "Art papers". It's been a workhorse for us when we need to print
            on cotton. Very little bleed, if an at all. And if it does bleed,
            there are settings to correct the problem. It's a seven-cartridge
            system so it prints with beautiful detail and color. Full set of
            cartridges costs about $85.00