Re: paper question

  • Barbara Hauser
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hi T.J.,

      I have an Epson Stylus Photo R2400 that prints very thick stock. I've even printed on chipboard with it. It's been replaced by the R2880, so you might check that one out. With the R2400, you feed thick stock into the printer in such a way that it doesn't bend at all. Maybe the R2880 does the same thing.

      Keep us posted on what you find out,

      Barbara

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, TJ Strandberg <tj@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a recommendation for a laser or ink jet printer that
      > takes 110# and/or Crane's Lettra paper well?
      >
      > Thanks and Happy New Year!
      >

      > T. J. Strandberg

    • The_Melzer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
        T. J.,

        I have an Okidata C9800 that will... it will handle 12" x 18", and 12" by I believe 56" Doesn't introduce much curl at all. (Probably would be even less if I used the straight through paper path) The color is good, the registration is very consistent.

        Mel
      • Austin Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
          I have an Epson R2400. It will certainly handle Lettra paper fine. I just
          purchased an HP B8550. I have not printed Lettra on it yet but it has a
          straight through option as well as the Epson and should be able to handle it
          fine.

          I think the issue is not can it handle it, but what sort of image are you
          wanting to print. Both of these printers are primarily Photo Printers.
          Lettra does not lend itself to printing photos very well. The HP is more
          suited to printing large amounts of black. The Epson has 8 separate ink
          cartridges. The HP has 5. HP printers all want to turn the paper 180
          degrees. I do not like this idea. Epson on some models do the same. Even for
          most standard paper handling some form of straight through is better in my
          mind. Both of these printers are 13x19 printers.

          As I said you should select a printer based on what you want to print. There
          are other printers from Epson, Canon, and HP which can print heavy stock for
          primarily black ink. But for Photo Printing, you cannot go wrong with Epson.
          They have the technology for photo printing down. HP is doing a good job of
          capturing the consumer photo printing market. Their printers are able to
          handle computerless photo printing quite well. Epson is more oriented to the
          professional.

          Austin Jones
          prints by AJ
          austin@...
          http://printsbyaj.com
          > Does anyone have a recommendation for a laser or ink jet printer that
          > takes 110# and/or Crane's Lettra paper well?
          >
          > Thanks and Happy New Year!
          >

          > T. J. Strandberg

        • Keetgi Kogan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2010
            I have a Canon Pixma Pro9000 which can easily accommodate 110# stock but
            does not print well on cotton, the ink bleeds. Has anyone has success
            printing on cotton with any of the other printers mentioned (Epson, Okidata,
            HP)?

            --Keetgi

            ___

            Keetgi Kogan

            Monkey Business

            477 Hillside Lane

            Santa Monica, California 90402

            310 454 7947

            310 383 5972

            keetgi.kogan@...

            monkeybusinesspress.com

          • Bryan Hutcheson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2010
              We print on thick cotton papers using our Epson 2200. It has settings
              for "Art papers". It's been a workhorse for us when we need to print
              on cotton. Very little bleed, if an at all. And if it does bleed,
              there are settings to correct the problem. It's a seven-cartridge
              system so it prints with beautiful detail and color. Full set of
              cartridges costs about $85.00