RE: [PPLetterpress] California wash / coaster paper

  • Bethany Carter
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
      "Try Keldon Paper. I believe they will break packages and sell less
      sheets. I'm not sure what you want for coaster paper. They have samples
      printed on round coasters made of 220# Crane Lettra."

      Hmmm.....maybe I'm missing something but I thought you had to get special paper for use as coasters. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I already use 220# Lettra for invitations and have access to that......

      Thank you!!!

      Bethany

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
        What is the cost per M, please.

        Thanks,

        Speed Gray
        Grand Rapids, MI

        In a message dated 12/15/2009 12:06:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        bryan@... writes:

        Bethany

        we sell blank coasters pre-cut to 4" round, 4" square w/ round
        corners and 3.5" circles. We offer them in our 140# Holyoke Premium
        Cotton and .080 Standard Coaster board

        bryan hutcheson
        - manifesto letterpress
        - industrie standard
        - holyoke fine papers

        4 open square way, L101
        holyoke, ma 01040
        p:413.532.3360
        f:413.532.3387
        www.manifestopress.www

      • Scott Rubel
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
          I doubt that that Crane Lettra is the very best coaster paper, at
          least not if they're to be used as coasters that are to be used
          again. However, when I walked into their office they offered free
          samples of that very paper die-cut round with their information
          letterpress printed on the circles.

          On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Bethany Carter wrote:

          > "Try Keldon Paper. I believe they will break packages and sell less
          > sheets. I'm not sure what you want for coaster paper. They have
          > samples
          > printed on round coasters made of 220# Crane Lettra."
          >

          > Hmmm.....maybe I'm missing something but I thought you had to get
          > special paper for use as coasters. Please correct me if I'm wrong
          > because I already use 220# Lettra for invitations and have access
          > to that......
          >

          > Thank you!!!
          >

          > Bethany

        • heavyimprint
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
            Is it possible to do a full edge bleed on a coaster on the windmill?? My guess is no obviously because of the gripper bar.

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, speedgray@... wrote:

            > What is the cost per M, please.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Speed Gray
            > Grand Rapids, MI
            >

            > In a message dated 12/15/2009 12:06:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > bryan@... writes:
            >

            > Bethany
            >
            > we sell blank coasters pre-cut to 4" round, 4" square w/ round
            > corners and 3.5" circles. We offer them in our 140# Holyoke Premium
            > Cotton and .080 Standard Coaster board
            >
            > bryan hutcheson
            > - manifesto letterpress
            > - industrie standard
            > - holyoke fine papers
            >
            > 4 open square way, L101
            > holyoke, ma 01040
            > p:413.532.3360
            > f:413.532.3387
            > www.manifestopress.www

          • Leora West Mauck
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
              We like the coasters from American Coaster. They offer several weights of coaster board, of which we use the heaviest, the stock is 100% recycled, and the price is right!

              Leora Mauck

              ________________________________
              I doubt that that Crane Lettra is the very best coaster paper, at
              least not if they're to be used as coasters that are to be used
              again. However, when I walked into their office they offered free
              samples of that very paper die-cut round with their information
              letterpress printed on the circles.

              On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Bethany Carter wrote:

              > "Try Keldon Paper. I believe they will break packages and sell less
              > sheets. I'm not sure what you want for coaster paper. They have
              > samples
              > printed on round coasters made of 220# Crane Lettra."
              >

              > Hmmm.....maybe I'm missing something but I thought you had to get
              > special paper for use as coasters. Please correct me if I'm wrong
              > because I already use 220# Lettra for invitations and have access
              > to that......
              >

              > Thank you!!!
              >

              > Bethany

              > http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 171222984/ direct/01/

            • Clay Oliff
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 15, 2009
                Hi Bethany,

                Where on the East coast are you exactly. I would recommend PRISCO (Printers Service Company) I can provide local reps name if I know your town.

                Clay Oliff
                cell: 304-839-9128
                office/fax: 304-874-3260
                em: clayoliff@...