Re: [PPLetterpress] $75k to create letterpress jobs in Hartford

  • Graham and Kathy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009
      Seems like the writers of the article are mixing up two stories, one to do
      with setting up a letterpress workshop and the other to do with local arts
      funding in general. $10 an hour seems reasonable for apprentices, and it
      states clearly the organizer is not paid from the funding. Seems a neat way
      of getting an apprentice programme working.

      Graham Moss

      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street
      Oldham OL1 1SJ England

      http://www.inclinepress.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009
        Graham

        Indeed. The whole point to the stimulus is getting money moving
        through the economy.

        I'd love to get both the funding and the local acknowledgement that
        there's something of value in letterpress printing.

        Cheers, and A Happy Stimulus to all ;-)

        PF

        On 15 Dec 2009, at 4:12 PM, Graham and Kathy wrote:

        > Seems like the writers of the article are mixing up two stories, one
        > to do
        > with setting up a letterpress workshop and the other to do with
        > local arts
        > funding in general. $10 an hour seems reasonable for apprentices,
        > and it
        > states clearly the organizer is not paid from the funding. Seems a
        > neat way
        > of getting an apprentice programme working.
        >

        > Graham Moss
        >
        > Incline Press
        > 36 Bow Street
        > Oldham OL1 1SJ England
        >
        > http://www.inclinepress.com
        >

        > On 15/12/09 17:13, "Scott Rubel" <scott@...> wrote:
        >
        >> http://bit.ly/stimhartford

        Peter Fraterdeus
        Exquisite Letterpress from Slow Print Studios
        http://slowprint.com/