windmill dragging on...

  • Norman Hicks
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009
      Question is, did you ever run the windmill after its repeated
      baths,... I knew a mechanic who completely rebuilt a windmill after it
      was flooded during a storm, totally dismantled to get the mud and silt
      out, replaced all the ball bearing and bushings and various other
      critical things, the poor motor!

      We would dismantle move out for about the same price... But to
      properly clean out and replace the bearings would take months of work
      and thousands of dollars... It would be good for parts. And, as
      mercenary equipment we are always interested....

      Norman Hicks

      Hicks Brothers Printing Equipment
      582 6th Street
      San Francisco, California 94103-4708