Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: FW: [sfletterpress] ? Computer to Plate

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2009
      Gerald:

      Letterpress CTP plates are indeed available, and with the same specs as we
      use. KF95 plates and KM95 plates are presently made in a version with an
      ablative mask, as are the BASF WFH 95 (or whatever). I know that Toyobo was
      willing to add an ablative mask to any of their letterpress plates upon
      request. These cost roughly 10% more than conventional plates, sometimes
      more. Because of the costs of the material (and also the 6-figure equipment
      cost) which we'd have to pass along to our customers, we have not invested
      in CTP technology quite yet.

      Thanks
      Harold

      Boxcar Press