Re: Roycroft Presses

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 2009
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <richard@...> wrote:

      > Shockingly, wikipedia is a bit inaccurate. The Pearl & C&P
      > (and most if not all of the type) at the Roycroft shops
      > now are not original to the site. . . .

      ******* I guess I shouldn't be too surprised (sigh)

      My point was that the Pearls in discussion were capable of
      doing pretty impressive work. Unfortunately I chose - once
      again - a wiki source. But I went there because I had understood
      Roycroft to use the Pearl Improved, not from wikipedia, but
      from info I've come across when looking up origins of the
      Little Leather Library. I'll have to look into that again,
      perhaps the Pearls were part of the early production of those
      books.

      -gary