Rounce & Coffin

  • Claire Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi,

      I was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of the Rounce & Coffin
      Club? We'd possibly like to have them as one our 2010 exhibits at the
      Book Arts Program, J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah.

      Thanks so much!

      -Claire

      Claire Taylor
      Studio Coordinator
      Book Arts Program
      J. Willard Marriott Library
      University of Utah
      www.bookartsprogram.org
    • Robert E Blesse
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
        Claire,

        Sadly, the Rounce & Coffin Club no longer exists. The archives of this once important Southern California book club that was founded in the 1930s are at Occidental College in Los Angeles. The work of the R&C Club included the Western Books Exhibition, which is also gone. The Zamarano Club, Southern California's oldest biblophile organization, continues to function.

        Best,
        -- Bob Blesse

        Robert E. Blesse
        Director, The Black Rock Press