BBC series on the history of printing

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27 10:31 AM
      A while back someone posted on this site links to the six segments
      of the BBC Stephen Fry history of printing. Those links have been
      taken down. I've tried to contact BBC about possibly buying the
      series with no results. Does anyone know where I might see (get)
      copies of them to use in a lecture on printing history?

      Thanks for your time.

      T. J. Ray

    • Ed Inman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27 12:23 PM
        I think these are what you're looking for TJ:
        http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Stephen+Fry+Gutenberg&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

        Missed you at Celtic fest this year.
        Ed

        >A while back someone posted on this site links to the six segments
        >of the BBC Stephen Fry history of printing. Those links have been
        >taken down. I've tried to contact BBC about possibly buying the
        >series with no results. Does anyone know where I might see (get)
        >copies of them to use in a lecture on printing history?
        >
        >Thanks for your time.
        >
        >T. J. Ray

      • Nicholas
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27 6:01 PM
          Ed,
          That is exactly what I was looking for. Must give a talk soon at the library on
          the history of printing and figured there'd surely be some good footage that I
          could use.

          Sorry we missed Celtic Fest. Honestly didn't know they were having it. My mistake
          was checking the Museum website under Events, where it was not listed. I got an
          email from the bosses out there three days beforehand, which was a bit late to
          rearrange life.

          It looks as though the gang will be there on the 10th of October. Of course, I still
          have dimming hopes of recruiting some local folks who sooner or later would take
          over the Print Shop. We'll also be there for Harvest Fest in November.

          Hope to see you during some of those days. Please help me spread the word to
          anyone who has an interest in presses about our need.

          tj

          ________________________________
          I think these are what you're looking for TJ:
          http://video. google.com/ videosearch? q=Stephen+ Fry+Gutenberg& hl=en&emb= 0&aq=f#

          Missed you at Celtic fest this year.
          Ed

          >A while back someone posted on this site links to the six segments
          >of the BBC Stephen Fry history of printing. Those links have been
          >taken down. I've tried to contact BBC about possibly buying the
          >series with no results. Does anyone know where I might see (get)
          >copies of them to use in a lecture on printing history?
          >
          >Thanks for your time.
          >
          >T. J. Ray

        • Emily Wismer
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
            Howdy! Wondering if anyone on the listserv might have an extra dog for a 8x12 C&P? I imagine I need the whole cast iron part. My press is running beautifully, but just noticed the other day that the dog was chipped pretty drastically and previously fixed in a rather haphazard manner. Any leads on replacing it would be appreciated.

            Thanks,
            Emily
            Lady Pilot Letterpress