Re: Where do I begin?

  • CaseyM
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2009
      Carmen,

      I'm up in McKinney, TX and give workshops on Saturdays from 9 am - 4 pm. Send me an email for more information.

      There are 5 other letterpress printer/designer shops in Dallas and I don't think you visited them about a workshop. You may have gone to commercial printers. There is one lady that is very uptight and she only sells retail with here press work. I can share any information you need.

      There is a school that will be teaching letterpress printing in the spring semester in downtown Dallas. I can share more information when you email me about the workshop.

      Casey
      Inky Lips Letterpress
      casey@...

      I actually live in Dallas, Texas. The colleges here dont offer classes in Letterpress. There are tons of Letterpress boutiques, but when you go in and ask them questions about the technique or where i should begin; they get very uptight. I even had one shop owner tell me. "I don't teach letterpress and I don't offer my resources. This is a very competitive business. Good luck finding someone who will." After that; I'm pretty much in a state of frustration and being overwhelmed. I guess it's just the area I'm in.