type and letterpress class in San Francisco

  • Brian Allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area, I wanted to alert you to a
      class I'll be teaching in March at the San Francisco Center for the Book:
      Digital Type and Typography for Letterpress
      It's a short, 3 session class, on font formats, typographic controls in
      Quark and InDesign, and fonts that are better suited for letterpress. The
      starting point for that discussion will be comparisons of text printed from
      hot metal type with the digital version of the same typeface printed from
      photopolymer plates. Details are at:
      http://www.sfcb.org/php/classes.php3?id=t1-030603-prt
      If you know of someone who might be interested, please pass this message on.
      I'm particularly interested in finding graphic designers who would like to
      learn to better design for letterpress.
      I also have a PDF file I can send that has more info. I can be reached at
      home:
      allenprinter@...
      Thanks.
      Brian Allen