Re: Digital as a Means to an End...

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 3, 2009
      In email discourse, it seems best if one takes the ancient Greek approach to logic/argument. One may, and should, question an idea that is perceived to be errant, but one should never attack the character of the person who uttered it as a part of the questioning. That serves no fruitful purpose.

      Gerald
      http://bielerpress.blogspot.com

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Jones" <austin@...> wrote:

      > I think Gerald went out of his way to try to be nice to everyone commenting
      > on this issue. Lots of people have tried to be philosophical about the
      > various wishes of different people. No one needs to be criticized for having
      > an opinion, no matter what the opinion. Lets all be the tolerant ones we
      > want everyone else to be.
      >
      > tks
      >
      > Austin Jones
      > prints by AJ
      > austin@...
      > http://printsbyaj.com

    • Casey McGarr
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 4, 2009
        I felt the same way the first time I set some 10 pt type and it fell. Then picked the type back up and set it the correct way so it wouldn't fall.

        There is a lot of satisfaction setting type by hand. Now granted I don't set every job I print by handset type but when I do its an accomplishment. Really an accomplishment when I have all the sorts, LOL.

        However, thank you for photopolymer. What is not set by hand goes digital and I love it. Since I'm a graphic designer the opportunity to experiment with images and type is also very satisfying.

        I have a few friends here in the Dallas area that only print photopolymer and another group of friends that handset the type. As long as we both get the final piece printed in the way it was envisioned then great for all of us.

        Casey
        http://www.inkylipspress.com