Cross post: Call for Submissions for Letterpress Book

  • Blue Barnhouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      Attention! If you print interesting and unique letterpress stuff or
      know people who do, please take note of this opportunity to have your
      work published alongside some very talented letterpress printers
      already involved.

      Please direct all questions regarding submitting to this book offlist
      to the email address provided below.

      Call for Letterpress Submissions

      Fellow Letpressers,

      I have recently signed a contract to write a 178 page book tentatively
      called Adventures in Letterpress and will be gathering over 200 images
      of letterpress for the book. The publisher is Mark Batty Publisher ( www.markbattypublisher.com
      ), a well respected design oriented book publisher in both the US
      and the UK who makes high quality books.

      This book will be a large collection of images of letterpress in all
      its varieties from studios nationwide and perhaps even around the
      world. I am now collecting images for the book. We are looking for a
      wide variety of styles so if you know someone who might be interested,
      please pass this information along, I am especially interested in
      finding underground studios/artists that have so far gone under the

      Stage 1 Guidelines for Submission

      1. Please send no more than 6 images of your most innovative
      letterpress projects to submissions@.... Low res images
      are okay and actually preferred for now. More images will be requested
      if we like what we see.

      2. Send along a bio about you or your studio & contact information.

      3. Eventually we will need high quality photos of your work. Please do
      not send work that is no longer available to be photographed using our
      file guidelines (see below). If you are unable to take a professional
      photo of your work, we will be able to take photos of a limited number
      of artist's work provided you can send it to us.

      4. Letterpress can include but is not limited to posters, packaging,
      books, art prints, business cards, greeting cards, etc.

      5. Seriously, don't send us pics of letterpressed wedding related
      items. We're not interested and it lessens your chances of being

      6. Mailed submissions of letterpress will also be acceptable, please
      provide return postage if you would like your work returned to you.
      Submissions can be mailed to:

      Adventures in Letterpress
      c/o Blue Barnhouse
      428-B Haywood Rd
      Asheville, NC 28806

      8. Cutoff date for submissions is September 1st.

      Publisher Guidelines
      � You maintain the copyright to your Art and that it is your
      intellectual property.
      � You will not receive any monetary compensation from the Publisher
      for your Art in connection with the Book.
      � Your name and a brief bio will be included in the Book in order to
      provide proper credit for your Art.
      � Your Art can only be included in the Book if the related electronic
      files can meet the technical
      specifications defined by the Publisher. All files should be
      uncompressed, at least 10x12 inches in
      size and at a resolution of 300DPI.
      � Upon publication of the Book you will receive one (1) copy for your

      This is a great opportunity for exposure. We look forward to seeing
      what comes our way. Further questions can be directed to submissions@...