InDesign file sugestions.

  • Shane Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002

      From my experience, I would suggest generating pdf
      files. Only because most bureaus are not experienced
      at outputing native files (Quark still rules...)

      I have used Indesign (1.5) quite succesfully for
      commercial projects. By producing pdf you eliminate
      any font issues - provided you embed your fonts in the
      document, also be sure to make sure resolution is set
      high enough for output device.

      Regards

      Shane

      shane@...

      www.letterpress.ca

      Personally I think Indesign is far superior to Quark
      for anyone who is not tied to Quark.

      > I just ventured over to InDesign (2.01). Wow.
      >
      > My question is: Are folks still experiencing
      problems with this
      > software and OpenType settings at service bureaus?.
      If so, is it best
      > to generate as a PDF? (best to generate as PDF
      anyway?) and if so,
      any
      > recommendations as to PDF settings for high-end
      output?

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com