Opening in San Francisco this Friday

  • Kathy Walkup
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      Please join us on Friday December 6 at 7 pm for an opening reception for:
      [re]Readings: Artists¹ Books Now

      Additionally, we will also be holding an Open House with San Francisco
      Center for the Book on Saturday, December 14 at 1pm. (Open House to be
      held at both Gallery Lux and SF Center for the Book.)

      Curated by Kathleen Walkup, [re]Readings: Artists¹ Books Now will exhibit
      books made in the 21st century. Working in forms that range from the
      unique to multiple, all books offer critical reading/viewing
      opportunities that challenge the viewer to re-think the traditional book
      form. In addition to the main gallery, we will also offer a Reading Room
      where visitors will be invited to read and handle the books installed
      there.

      Works by: Cristina de Almeida, Kathleen Burch, Betsy Davids, Helen
      Douglas, Julia Featheringill, Jason Francisco, Susannah Hays, Arthur
      Huang, Andrea Jespersen, Susan Johanknecht, Alastair Johnston, Rob
      Kovitz, Sara Langworthy, Emily Larned, Suzy Lee, Adam Lowe, Bonnie
      McLeskey, Gary Meres, Leo Morrissey, Gina Reynoso, Jaime Robles,
      ErinKovitz, Sara Langworthy, Emily Larned, Suzy Lee, Adam Lowe, Bonnie
      McLeskey, Gary Meres, Leo Morrissey, Gina Reynoso, Jaime Robles, Erin
      Shirreff, Jennifer Sonderby, Melody Sumner Carnahan & Michael Sumner,
      Telfer Stokes, Stacy Wakefield, Beata Wehr, Christopher Wilde, and Emily
      Wilson.

      Lux
      521 Seventh St. (at Bryant St.)
      San Francisco, Ca
      415.864.2222
      www.luxdesign.com

      San Francisco Center for the Book
      300 De Haro St.
      San Francisco, Ca
      415.565.0545

      Show dates: December 6, 2002 ­ February 14, 2003

      Kathleen A. Walkup
      Associate Professor
      Director, Book Arts Program
      Mills College