Re: P22's Civilitie

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009
      Dan

      I am very tempted as well. If you buy it all before the end of the month, you can get Pabst Oldstyle for free. How's that for an improbable but likeable combination?. If you need the email in this regard, let me know and I will forward it. They also have coffee mugs for sale with Edward Johnston's London Underground type. Typographie mon amour.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Dan Franklin <dan@...> wrote:

      > Gerald Lange reports on p22's release of Civilité:
      >
      > >Secondly, authentic civilité requires "lots" of
      > >rules for proper setting. Certain characters can
      > >only be used at the beginning of words, others
      > >internally in words, others as final. I did not
      > >find a composition guide included with the font
      > >description.
      >
      > It's possible the initial, medial, and final
      > selections are automatically made by the OpenType
      > apparatus.
      >
      > I'd love to buy this font -- just to have it now,
      > eventually to use it for some (probably)
      > nonpaying job -- but every time I spend 20 bucks
      > or so on a font (and this one's 5 times that), I
      > feel obliged to match the purchase with 2 to 3
      > skeins of yarn for my wife. My digital font stash
      > is still much greater than her yarn stash, in
      > part because my fonts are self-replenishing and
      > eternal, whereas her yarn becomes sweaters and
      > shawls and scarves for Warm Woolies and other
      > charity knitting organizations.

    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009
        At the risk of veering off topic, P22 is everywhere this morning:
        http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204900904574300254129113502.html
        (I like the part about dusting off letterpress printers.)

        Harold

        --
        ---
        Boxcar Press
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009
          I hope everyone can appreciate that my "quotes" were highly condensed and
          not quite accurate edits. I wish they would have had me fact check..but hey,
          it's exposure.

          On 7/21/09 7:21 AM, "Harold Kyle" <harold@...> wrote:

          > At the risk of veering off topic, P22 is everywhere this morning:
          > http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204900904574300254129113502.html
          > (I like the part about dusting off letterpress printers.)
          >
          > Harold

          Richard Kegler
          P22 type foundry, Inc.
          Not your typical type