Re: [PPLetterpress] Re:sticker paper

  • Lisa Rappoport
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
      > Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
      recommend a good brand?

      Hi Keetgi and others,
      I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.

      I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.

      Lisa
      Littoral Press
      Oakland, CA
    • tjstrandberg
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 13, 2013
        Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?

        Thanks,

        TJ

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 16, 2013
          Check the Strathmore or Neenah lines.
          I've been very pleased with the self adhesive stock, comes in letter size packs.

          PF

          •=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=
          Peter Fraterdeus
          Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com

          On Jan 13, 2013, at 1:06 PM, tjstrandberg <tjstrandberg@...> wrote:

          > Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > TJ
          >
          > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Rappoport wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
          >> recommend a good brand?
          >>
          >> Hi Keetgi and others,
          >> I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.
          >>
          >> I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.
          >>
          >> Lisa
          >> Littoral Press
          >> Oakland, CA

        • Leora West Mauck
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 17, 2013
            Yes we've had great luck with both of those and with Mohawk whose jute and soft white match Lettea pearl and ecru nicely.

            Leora Mauck, Co-Proprietor
            Copper Willow Paper Studio
            310.836.6004 and www.copperwillow.com

            Sent from my mobile device so please excuse typos