sticker paper

  • tricia treacy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
      Hello,

      I am doing a relatively low-budget, label project for someone and
      need to get sticker paper. I don't want to order this in bulk since
      we are doing a small run. Does anyone have any left-over off-cuts of
      sticker paper in their studio that they would be willing to sell or
      trade? Also, if anyone has a good suggestion of where to buy smaller
      quantities of sticker paper, that would be helpful, as well.

      We just threw out a large box of this at our school shop and I wished
      that I had held onto it.

      Thanks very much.

      Best, Tricia

      Tricia Treacy : Pointed Press : www.pointedpress.com

    • leorawest
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
        Where is your shop located? I have lots in recycled white and textured kraft in full sheets in the Los Angeles area.
      • Keetgi Kogan
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
          Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
          recommend a good brand?

          Thank you!

          --Keetgi

          ___

          Keetgi Kogan

          Monkey Business

          477 Hillside Lane

          Santa Monica, California 90402

          310 454 7947

          310 383 5972

          keetgi.kogan@...

          monkeybusinesspress.com

        • Lisa Rappoport
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
            > Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
            recommend a good brand?

            Hi Keetgi and others,
            I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.

            I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.

            Lisa
            Littoral Press
            Oakland, CA
          • tjstrandberg
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 13, 2013
              Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?

              Thanks,

              TJ

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 16, 2013
                Check the Strathmore or Neenah lines.
                I've been very pleased with the self adhesive stock, comes in letter size packs.

                PF

                •=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=
                Peter Fraterdeus
                Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com

                On Jan 13, 2013, at 1:06 PM, tjstrandberg <tjstrandberg@...> wrote:

                > Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > TJ
                >
                > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Rappoport wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
                >> recommend a good brand?
                >>
                >> Hi Keetgi and others,
                >> I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.
                >>
                >> I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.
                >>
                >> Lisa
                >> Littoral Press
                >> Oakland, CA

              • Leora West Mauck
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 17, 2013
                  Yes we've had great luck with both of those and with Mohawk whose jute and soft white match Lettea pearl and ecru nicely.

                  Leora Mauck, Co-Proprietor
                  Copper Willow Paper Studio
                  310.836.6004 and www.copperwillow.com

                  Sent from my mobile device so please excuse typos