Print shop for sale in mid MI

  • Chad Pastotnik
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 12, 2009
      I just checked out a little basement shop for sale in Grand Rapids,
      MI. The seller would like to get rid of it all soon and it's pretty
      complete for anyone in need of a full start up operation or to flesh
      out their shop:

      10x15 C&P w/ 2 chases and motor, w/ 2 good but dirty rollers

      16" Challenge tabletop guillotine

      furniture cabinet

      1 nice 24 case Hamilton wood cabinet full of nothing special type

      1 not so nice (paint, mixed case) 24 case Hamilton wood, empty w/ 7
      metal cases and 16 wood

      imposing stone

      x5 Super Speed Bimatic numbering machines that match + one broken

      x5 older National and American numbering machines

      Wickersham coins, some leading, etc.

      I am just listing this for the owner and have nothing else to do with
      transactions beyond this. Really nice older gentleman who needs to
      reclaim his basement. Here is his contact info to inquire for prices:

      Bill Karpowicz
      616-459-9238
      bk1924@...

      Good luck.

      ___________________________
      Chad Pastotnik
      Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
      http://www.deepwoodpress.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 12, 2009
        Lance

        I understand the concerns, however, many of these social networks are abused by spammers. I get invitations almost weekly from sites I have never heard of and people I do not know. Word is, if you don't know the person or the site, don't respond. The fact that we are getting bombarded by this stuff, at least, I am as owner/moderator (moderated posters posts come to me), makes this a serious concern. Today we got two back to back posts from an unmoderated poster. Kind of pissed me off. I'm tired of this. If you need to communicate with your friends and the only way you know how to is with automated lists, well, try email or snail mail or give them a phone call. If you need all the "friends" you can possible gather or who you want to know your every whim, invite them to your social network, one at a time.

        Gerald

        > Austin,
        >
        > The point was that these networks DO NOT give you any advance notice that
        > the invitation will be sent to ALL entries in the address book... Common
        > thought would be to have the ability to select from entries in your address
        > book... This will happen to a lot of people ONCE and should be excused....
        > TWICE, and I am fully behind Gerald's decision..... I still think it
        > should be "Once Warned, twice banned"....
        >
        > - Lance Williams
        > Williams Stationery Co.
        > Camden, New York
        > APA #785

      • tricia treacy
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
          Hello,

          I am doing a relatively low-budget, label project for someone and
          need to get sticker paper. I don't want to order this in bulk since
          we are doing a small run. Does anyone have any left-over off-cuts of
          sticker paper in their studio that they would be willing to sell or
          trade? Also, if anyone has a good suggestion of where to buy smaller
          quantities of sticker paper, that would be helpful, as well.

          We just threw out a large box of this at our school shop and I wished
          that I had held onto it.

          Thanks very much.

          Best, Tricia

          Tricia Treacy : Pointed Press : www.pointedpress.com

        • leorawest
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
            Where is your shop located? I have lots in recycled white and textured kraft in full sheets in the Los Angeles area.
          • Keetgi Kogan
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
              Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
              recommend a good brand?

              Thank you!

              --Keetgi

              ___

              Keetgi Kogan

              Monkey Business

              477 Hillside Lane

              Santa Monica, California 90402

              310 454 7947

              310 383 5972

              keetgi.kogan@...

              monkeybusinesspress.com

            • Lisa Rappoport
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 13, 2009
                > Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
                recommend a good brand?

                Hi Keetgi and others,
                I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.

                I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.

                Lisa
                Littoral Press
                Oakland, CA
              • tjstrandberg
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 13, 2013
                  Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?

                  Thanks,

                  TJ

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 16, 2013
                    Check the Strathmore or Neenah lines.
                    I've been very pleased with the self adhesive stock, comes in letter size packs.

                    PF

                    •=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=•=^=
                    Peter Fraterdeus
                    Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com

                    On Jan 13, 2013, at 1:06 PM, tjstrandberg <tjstrandberg@...> wrote:

                    > Does any one have an additional recommendations for label paper since this last post?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > TJ
                    >
                    > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Rappoport wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> Hi! I don't have any but have also been looking to get some. Can anyone
                    >> recommend a good brand?
                    >>
                    >> Hi Keetgi and others,
                    >> I too am about to look for some nice self-adhesive label paper. I've printed on some material from Labelblank, described as "blank die-cut labels for offset & letterpress printing." It's 60lb. stock, not bad but I'd like to find a nicer paper, probably but not necessarily in whole sheets to cut myself.
                    >>
                    >> I did a little googling and found that Classic Crest has some: 70lb text uncoated avalanche white (other colors too, I think) smooth finsh. Has anyone tried that, or anything similar? This will be for bookplates for a client who doesn't want to apply glue, so it has to be self-adhesive, but a good quality paper would be great.
                    >>
                    >> Lisa
                    >> Littoral Press
                    >> Oakland, CA

                  • Leora West Mauck
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 17, 2013
                      Yes we've had great luck with both of those and with Mohawk whose jute and soft white match Lettea pearl and ecru nicely.

                      Leora Mauck, Co-Proprietor
                      Copper Willow Paper Studio
                      310.836.6004 and www.copperwillow.com

                      Sent from my mobile device so please excuse typos