New processing service and flatbase

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 11:04 PM
      elum designs, inc., of San Diego,

      www.elumdesigns.com

      has announced they will be providing a photopolymer plate processing service (similar to the Boxcar Press model), even to the extent of offering an anodized aluminum flatbase (termed the "eluminum") for polyester-backed plates.

      The announcement indicates that their site will be up and running within the next 30 days.

      www.letterpressplates.com

    • Matt Kelsey
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2009
        Does anyone have experience with the "eluminum" base? I need to order a
        larger base for an upcoming project, and the 9x12 size I need is on
        backorder at Boxcar... It would be nice to hear from anyone with experience
        if the base is made to a similar precision as the Boxcar base.

        Matt Kelsey

        On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Gerald Lange <Bieler@...> wrote:

        > elum designs, inc., of San Diego,
        >
        > www.elumdesigns.com
        >
        > has announced they will be providing a photopolymer plate processing
        > service (similar to the Boxcar Press model), even to the extent of offering
        > an anodized aluminum flatbase (termed the "eluminum") for polyester-backed
        > plates.
        >
        > The announcement indicates that their site will be up and running within
        > the next 30 days.
        >
        > www.letterpressplates.com
        >
        > Gerald
        > http://BielerPress.blogspot.com

      • Harold Kyle
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 24, 2009
          Apparently these are ready at the manufacturer as of today, but I'm
          sorry they've been backordered. We can drop ship tomorrow, and Cathy
          should be calling you tonight to discuss. Thanks for your patience!

          Hard

          On Tuesday, November 24, 2009, Matt Kelsey <matthewkelsey@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have experience with the "eluminum" base? I need to order a
          > larger base for an upcoming project, and the 9x12 size I need is on
          > backorder at Boxcar... It would be nice to hear from anyone with experience
          > if the base is made to a similar precision as the Boxcar base.
          >
          > Matt Kelsey
          >
          > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Gerald Lange <Bieler@... <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'Bieler%40att.net');>> wrote:
          >
          >> elum designs, inc., of San Diego,
          >>
          >> www.elumdesigns.com
          >>
          >> has announced they will be providing a photopolymer plate processing
          >> service (similar to the Boxcar Press model), even to the extent of offering
          >> an anodized aluminum flatbase (termed the "eluminum") for polyester-backed
          >> plates.
          >>
          >> The announcement indicates that their site will be up and running within
          >> the next 30 days.
          >>
          >> www.letterpressplates.com
          >>
          >> Gerald
          >> http://BielerPress.blogspot.com

          ---
          Boxcar Press
          501 W. Fayette St. #222
          Syracuse, NY 13204
          www.boxcarpress.com
        • Harold Kyle
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 24, 2009
            Sorry, that was not meant for the list. That's what I get for typing emails
            on a phone while changing a diaper between bites of dinner. That and the
            iPhone correcting my name to Hard. ?

            Harold

            On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Harold Kyle <harold@...> wrote:

            > Apparently these are ready at the manufacturer as of today, but I'm
            > sorry they've been backordered. We can drop ship tomorrow, and Cathy
            > should be calling you tonight to discuss. Thanks for your patience!
            >
            > Hard
            >
            > --
            ---
            Boxcar Press
            501 W. Fayette St. #222
            Syracuse, NY 13204
            www.boxcarpress.com

          • bielerpr
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
              Matt

              I have not yet seen the eluminum in practice but I did write to Brad Foster of elum designs and he assured me they were precision made all around, and even available anodized in different colors and could have your name inscribed on them if you so desired. Only significant difference from the Boxcar Base (from the description) is that the grid on these is laser etched.