Polimero A-3

  • clayoliff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
      Hello fellow Letterpress Lovers. I joined the group several days ago. I discovered the groups existence while searching for information on a polimero unit. I have a studio that includes an 8x12 C&P from 1915 and a Heidelberg Windmill. I have been in the industry professionaly for over 30 years...currently work for a printing press manufacturer.

      I have an opportunity to make plates myself as I have been offerd the A-3 unit. Do any of the readers know this unit? Have any dcumaentation on the unit? Or know an approximate value?

      The old posting from 2003 listed a contact (Gene) but I have been unsuccessful in contacting him.

      Any information and assistance GREATLY appreciated!! -Clay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
        Clay

        In the links section here can be found a number of resources. You are probably looking for Gene Becker

        http://www.photopolymerplates.com/

        though the Polimero machines are no longer made as far as I know.

        Another resource would be Boxcar Press

        http://www.boxcarpress.com/

        as, at one point, it was mentioned here that they were able to provide parts for Polimero platemakers.

        Also, in the files section here there is a PDF on installation of this particular machine.

        Files>reference>INSTALLATION INSTRUCT#4A0B2.pdf