Edge Painting

  • Holcroft Letterpress
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28 7:13 AM
      Any in-put on how to efficiently edge paint business cards, or invites for that matter, would be greatly appreciated. I realize the stock needs to be as thick as possible. Is there some little jig or carousel or specialty padding machine available? How much pressure, etc. Thanks in advance, Ron.
      Ron Holcroft
      Holcroft Letterpress
      ron.holcroft@...
      www.holcroftletterpress.com
      559.264.FOIL (3645) : tel
      559.264.3640 : fax

    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28 7:45 AM
        If you can't do this, you might want to contact the pros:
        http://www.ottoprinting.com/border.html

        Thanks,
        Harold

        On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Holcroft Letterpress <
        rh.letterpress@...> wrote:

        > Any in-put on how to efficiently edge paint business cards, or invites for
        > that matter, would be greatly appreciated. I realize the stock needs to be
        > as thick as possible. Is there some little jig or carousel or specialty
        > padding machine available? How much pressure, etc. Thanks in advance, Ron.
        > Ron Holcroft
        > Holcroft Letterpress
        > ron.holcroft@...<ron.holcroft%40holcroftletterpress.com>
        > www.holcroftletterpress.com
        > 559.264.FOIL (3645) : tel
        > 559.264.3640 : fax

        ---
        Boxcar Press
        501 W. Fayette St. #222
        Syracuse, NY 13204
        www.boxcarpress.com

      • Katelynn Corrigan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28 12:21 PM
          I just saw how it's done in a Boston Globe video about Cranes. Looks like an artform in itself. I'd suggest farming the work out to the Exclusive Bordering Company or trying to get pre-bordered stock from Cranes or such.

          The video: http://craneinsider.blogspot.com/2009/05/cranes-engraved-stationery-on-globe-100.html

          -Katey
          B Designs Letterpress / Confection Letterpress

        • Benjamin Levitz
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30 8:06 AM
            Our studio also fills edge painting orders farmed out from other
            printers. We do not do borders on the face of the stock, just the edges.

            Let us know if you need an estimate.

            Ben Levitz
            Principal, Design Director

            Studio On Fire

            1621 E Hennepin Ave #226
            Minneapolis MN 55414

            612 379 3000 office
            612 379 3475 fax

            studioonfire.com new blog: beastpieces.com