Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: metal-back PP cutting

    Message 1 of 10 , May 25, 2009
      Eric

      The Kutrimmer that I have has a soft pad under the clamp. I've not
      noticed distortion on either raw or processed plate material. The bottom
      blade on a Kutrimmer is adjustable and mitigates the bending problem.
      Spacing material can be used to adjust the blade parallel to the surface
      of the cutter.

      Only problem I've noticed is when trimming polyester-backed plates that
      might have overhanging film adhesive, which can rip away at the surface
      of the pad and then transfer material to the next plate surface,
      especially nasty if it is forced into letterform counters.

      Gerald