Re: Arturo paper

  • ductormanpaperboy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 2:59 PM
      Hey all

      thanks for the help, I have been dealing with Legion but man what a lot of $$$. I would like to keep my waste to a minimum, so would you recommend printing with guides or without?? it's a 2 color but no tight registration, the thing that freaks me out is the deckle around the edges!!! and how the guides will handle this. (PRESS IS A HEIDELBERG PLATEN) aka windmill.

      Cheers
      Ian

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Hutcheson <bryan@...> wrote:

      > I believe the story goes like this. Arturo is the Legion version of
      > the fabriano medioevalis. They went straight tot he mill and had
      > their own line produced. I remember there was a time when keeping
      > fabriano medioevalis in stock was spotty and inconsistent...much like
      > the Italian train network...LOL
      >
      > We also buy all our arturo from legion. But if you're not able to
      > meet their minimum order, We have found that Dick Blick has really
      > good pricing for single boxes of Arturo. In fact sometimes they have
      > specials which are really cheap!!!
      >

      > bryan hutcheson
      > manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
      > 4 open square way - L101
      > holyoke, ma 01040
      > p:877.529.0009
      >
      > www.manifestopress.com
      > _________________________________
      > full-service commercial letterpress
      > announcements
      > stationery
      > packaging
      > posters

    • Michael Babcock
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8 2:04 PM
        Ian,

        If you register your forms on the stone, (easily done with type, probably less so with platepress) then your sheet needn't move with reference to your gauges / guides. That being the case, you will feed all runs to the same hills or valleys of your deckles. Registration is maintained by way of that constant.

        Make sense?

        --
        michael babcock
        interrobangletterpress.com