Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Your business card is crap

  • Jill Velez
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2009
      i guess cuz he's a pitch man he has to sound like that, but whew, he's full of himself!:)
      we do put a lot of thought into our cards because we're designers and letterpress artists.  so the design has to be interesting and the paper has to be impressive and representative of what we offer.  oh and of course the press has to be high quality.  but i want people to put my card in their wallet and not to be irritated by the size!  so yeah, our card is 2 x 3.5 and that's fine with me!:)
      p.s. the pop up made me laugh!

      Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2009
        I was waiting for a Magic trick at any time!

        ben

        On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Jill Velez <foofnik79@...> wrote:

        > i guess cuz he's a pitch man he has to sound like that, but whew, he's full
        > of himself!:)
        > we do put a lot of thought into our cards because we're designers and
        > letterpress artists. so the design has to be interesting and the paper has
        > to be impressive and representative of what we offer. oh and of course the
        > press has to be high quality. but i want people to put my card in their
        > wallet and not to be irritated by the size! so yeah, our card is 2 x 3.5
        > and that's fine with me!:)
        > p.s. the pop up made me laugh!
        >
        > Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/
        >
        > --- On Fri, 5/1/09, okintertype <spthompson@...<spthompson%40windstream.net>>
        > wrote:
        > From: okintertype <spthompson@... <spthompson%40windstream.net>
        > >
        > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: Your business card is crap
        > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com <PPLetterpress%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 2:01 PM
        >

        > Well, that's interesting, but I can tell you as one who has given and
        > received many business cards in a 40 year career, I am totally unimpressed.
        > First, if it does not fit in my card file, it is going to get lost.
        > Secondly, I'm not interested in how fancy or expensive the card is, I want
        > to know what the guy has to offer, and I can't determine that on the basis
        > of a business card. The only thing I look for is the name (personal and
        > company), address and phone nos.
        >
        > Well, that's my opinion.
        >
        > Stan
        >
        > --- In PPLetterpress@ yahoogroups. com, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:
        >

        > > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=4YBxeDN4tbk
        >

        > > Gerald

      • Scott Rubel
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2009
          Oh, so funny.

          Has anyone here seen "American Psycho." I did a search and found the
          "business card scene" from that movie on YouTube. Everyone will love
          this. They're all CEO's as shallow as can be and Christian Bale plays
          the psycho killer among them. Don't worry. No violence in this scene.
          Enjoy:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

          --Scott

          On May 1, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Graham and Kathy wrote:

          > That's a hoot - one of the best jokes I've seen on the stuffed
          > shirts of the
          > self-advertizing industry.
          >
          > Thanks Gerald.
          >

          > Graham Moss
          > Incline Press
          > 36 Bow Street
          > Oldham OL1 1SJ England
          >
          > http://www.inclinepress.com
          >

          > On 1/5/09 17:50, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:
          >
          >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk
          >>
          >> Gerald

        • Barbara Hauser
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2009
            Hi Gerald and all,

            I saw this clip a while back and was very entertained.

            It made me think of the current vogue in wedding invitations to make them look more like promo packages for timeshares. But maybe the weddings themselves are more like stage shows, so it might be okay.

            Barbara