Re: [PPLetterpress] Your business card is crap

  • David McNamara
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 11:14 AM
      Umm...I'm pretty sure it's all tongue in cheek. Sure seems like sarcasm to me, anyway.
      __

      David
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 11:18 AM
        I must say that this has made my day! I think I will show this video
        to all business card clients and tell them it will take me far less
        time to design a card for them.

        On May 1, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Daniel Selzer wrote:

        > I'm pretty sure the video is a joke.
        >
        > Hard to tell as I'm sure we've all seen much worse.
        >
        > Dan Selzer

      • Graham and Kathy
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1 11:24 AM
          That's a hoot - one of the best jokes I've seen on the stuffed shirts of the
          self-advertizing industry.

          Thanks Gerald.

          Graham Moss
          Incline Press
          36 Bow Street
          Oldham OL1 1SJ England

          http://www.inclinepress.com

          On 1/5/09 17:50, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:

          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk
          >
          > Gerald

        • okintertype
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1 2:01 PM
            Well, that's interesting, but I can tell you as one who has given and received many business cards in a 40 year career, I am totally unimpressed. First, if it does not fit in my card file, it is going to get lost. Secondly, I'm not interested in how fancy or expensive the card is, I want to know what the guy has to offer, and I can't determine that on the basis of a business card. The only thing I look for is the name (personal and company), address and phone nos.

            Well, that's my opinion.
            Stan

            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk
            >
            > Gerald

          • Jill Velez
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1 2:24 PM
              i guess cuz he's a pitch man he has to sound like that, but whew, he's full of himself!:)
              we do put a lot of thought into our cards because we're designers and letterpress artists.  so the design has to be interesting and the paper has to be impressive and representative of what we offer.  oh and of course the press has to be high quality.  but i want people to put my card in their wallet and not to be irritated by the size!  so yeah, our card is 2 x 3.5 and that's fine with me!:)
              p.s. the pop up made me laugh!

              Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/

              --- In PPLetterpress@ yahoogroups. com, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:

              > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=4YBxeDN4tbk

            • benjamin pastrana
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1 3:15 PM
                I was waiting for a Magic trick at any time!

                ben

                On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Jill Velez <foofnik79@...> wrote:

                > i guess cuz he's a pitch man he has to sound like that, but whew, he's full
                > of himself!:)
                > we do put a lot of thought into our cards because we're designers and
                > letterpress artists. so the design has to be interesting and the paper has
                > to be impressive and representative of what we offer. oh and of course the
                > press has to be high quality. but i want people to put my card in their
                > wallet and not to be irritated by the size! so yeah, our card is 2 x 3.5
                > and that's fine with me!:)
                > p.s. the pop up made me laugh!
                >
                > Velez Family Blog: http://velez-family.blogspot.com/
                >
                > --- On Fri, 5/1/09, okintertype <spthompson@...<spthompson%40windstream.net>>
                > wrote:
                > From: okintertype <spthompson@... <spthompson%40windstream.net>
                > >
                > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: Your business card is crap
                > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com <PPLetterpress%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 2:01 PM
                >

                > Well, that's interesting, but I can tell you as one who has given and
                > received many business cards in a 40 year career, I am totally unimpressed.
                > First, if it does not fit in my card file, it is going to get lost.
                > Secondly, I'm not interested in how fancy or expensive the card is, I want
                > to know what the guy has to offer, and I can't determine that on the basis
                > of a business card. The only thing I look for is the name (personal and
                > company), address and phone nos.
                >
                > Well, that's my opinion.
                >
                > Stan
                >
                > --- In PPLetterpress@ yahoogroups. com, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:
                >

                > > http://www.youtube com/watch? v=4YBxeDN4tbk
                >

                > > Gerald

              • Scott Rubel
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1 6:51 PM
                  Oh, so funny.

                  Has anyone here seen "American Psycho." I did a search and found the
                  "business card scene" from that movie on YouTube. Everyone will love
                  this. They're all CEO's as shallow as can be and Christian Bale plays
                  the psycho killer among them. Don't worry. No violence in this scene.
                  Enjoy:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

                  --Scott

                  On May 1, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Graham and Kathy wrote:

                  > That's a hoot - one of the best jokes I've seen on the stuffed
                  > shirts of the
                  > self-advertizing industry.
                  >
                  > Thanks Gerald.
                  >

                  > Graham Moss
                  > Incline Press
                  > 36 Bow Street
                  > Oldham OL1 1SJ England
                  >
                  > http://www.inclinepress.com
                  >

                  > On 1/5/09 17:50, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk
                  >>
                  >> Gerald

                • Barbara Hauser
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 2 12:36 PM
                    Hi Gerald and all,

                    I saw this clip a while back and was very entertained.

                    It made me think of the current vogue in wedding invitations to make them look more like promo packages for timeshares. But maybe the weddings themselves are more like stage shows, so it might be okay.

                    Barbara