Re: [PPLetterpress] Arturo paper

  • Bryan Hutcheson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      I believe the story goes like this. Arturo is the Legion version of
      the fabriano medioevalis. They went straight tot he mill and had
      their own line produced. I remember there was a time when keeping
      fabriano medioevalis in stock was spotty and inconsistent...much like
      the Italian train network...LOL

      We also buy all our arturo from legion. But if you're not able to
      meet their minimum order, We have found that Dick Blick has really
      good pricing for single boxes of Arturo. In fact sometimes they have
      specials which are really cheap!!!

      bryan hutcheson
      manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
      4 open square way - L101
      holyoke, ma 01040
      p:877.529.0009

      www.manifestopress.com
      _________________________________
      full-service commercial letterpress
      announcements
      stationery
      packaging
      posters

    • ductormanpaperboy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2009
        Hey all

        thanks for the help, I have been dealing with Legion but man what a lot of $$$. I would like to keep my waste to a minimum, so would you recommend printing with guides or without?? it's a 2 color but no tight registration, the thing that freaks me out is the deckle around the edges!!! and how the guides will handle this. (PRESS IS A HEIDELBERG PLATEN) aka windmill.

        Cheers
        Ian

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Hutcheson <bryan@...> wrote:

        > I believe the story goes like this. Arturo is the Legion version of
        > the fabriano medioevalis. They went straight tot he mill and had
        > their own line produced. I remember there was a time when keeping
        > fabriano medioevalis in stock was spotty and inconsistent...much like
        > the Italian train network...LOL
        >
        > We also buy all our arturo from legion. But if you're not able to
        > meet their minimum order, We have found that Dick Blick has really
        > good pricing for single boxes of Arturo. In fact sometimes they have
        > specials which are really cheap!!!
        >

        > bryan hutcheson
        > manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
        > 4 open square way - L101
        > holyoke, ma 01040
        > p:877.529.0009
        >
        > www.manifestopress.com
        > _________________________________
        > full-service commercial letterpress
        > announcements
        > stationery
        > packaging
        > posters

      • Michael Babcock
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2009
          Ian,

          If you register your forms on the stone, (easily done with type, probably less so with platepress) then your sheet needn't move with reference to your gauges / guides. That being the case, you will feed all runs to the same hills or valleys of your deckles. Registration is maintained by way of that constant.

          Make sense?

          --
          michael babcock
          interrobangletterpress.com