Arturo paper

  • ductormanpaperboy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hello all

      I am looking for somewhere to purchase Arturo papers in Canada. And also if there are any good places in the U.S. that would be fine. Also is this paper the same as Etrusca, or are they completely different??

      Thanks
      Ian
    • tricia@pointedpress.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2009
        Hello Ian,

        I used Arturo paper quite a bit for wedding jobs. I would buy it in large
        quantities from Legion Paper. I actually have a some unused boxes in stock
        that I would sell you at cost, if you are interested.

        Best, Tricia

        www.pointedpress.com

        > Hello all
        >
        > I am looking for somewhere to purchase Arturo papers in Canada. And also
        > if there are any good places in the U.S. that would be fine. Also is this
        > paper the same as Etrusca, or are they completely different??
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ian

      • Bryan Hutcheson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2009
          I believe the story goes like this. Arturo is the Legion version of
          the fabriano medioevalis. They went straight tot he mill and had
          their own line produced. I remember there was a time when keeping
          fabriano medioevalis in stock was spotty and inconsistent...much like
          the Italian train network...LOL

          We also buy all our arturo from legion. But if you're not able to
          meet their minimum order, We have found that Dick Blick has really
          good pricing for single boxes of Arturo. In fact sometimes they have
          specials which are really cheap!!!

          bryan hutcheson
          manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
          4 open square way - L101
          holyoke, ma 01040
          p:877.529.0009

          www.manifestopress.com
          _________________________________
          full-service commercial letterpress
          announcements
          stationery
          packaging
          posters

        • ductormanpaperboy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2009
            Hey all

            thanks for the help, I have been dealing with Legion but man what a lot of $$$. I would like to keep my waste to a minimum, so would you recommend printing with guides or without?? it's a 2 color but no tight registration, the thing that freaks me out is the deckle around the edges!!! and how the guides will handle this. (PRESS IS A HEIDELBERG PLATEN) aka windmill.

            Cheers
            Ian

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Hutcheson <bryan@...> wrote:

            > I believe the story goes like this. Arturo is the Legion version of
            > the fabriano medioevalis. They went straight tot he mill and had
            > their own line produced. I remember there was a time when keeping
            > fabriano medioevalis in stock was spotty and inconsistent...much like
            > the Italian train network...LOL
            >
            > We also buy all our arturo from legion. But if you're not able to
            > meet their minimum order, We have found that Dick Blick has really
            > good pricing for single boxes of Arturo. In fact sometimes they have
            > specials which are really cheap!!!
            >

            > bryan hutcheson
            > manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
            > 4 open square way - L101
            > holyoke, ma 01040
            > p:877.529.0009
            >
            > www.manifestopress.com
            > _________________________________
            > full-service commercial letterpress
            > announcements
            > stationery
            > packaging
            > posters

          • Michael Babcock
            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2009
              Ian,

              If you register your forms on the stone, (easily done with type, probably less so with platepress) then your sheet needn't move with reference to your gauges / guides. That being the case, you will feed all runs to the same hills or valleys of your deckles. Registration is maintained by way of that constant.

              Make sense?

              --
              michael babcock
              interrobangletterpress.com