Re: [PPLetterpress] Platemaking issues

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 23, 2009
      Casey

      Go to the Links section

      Links>Materials. . .>Supplies & services. . .>Atlanta Light. . .

      Casey McGarr wrote:
      > I found the problem with my platemaker to be bad bulbs. The A&V tech guy came out and tested them and all bulbs were low on his reader meter (I don't know what the meter is called).
      >
      > Where is the best place to purchase bulbs? A&V is getting a quote for me, however, I would also like another source for price comparison.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Casey
      > http://www.inkylipspress.com

    • Ed Inman
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 23, 2009
        My exposure unit uses the 18-inch, 15-watt tubes (F15T8/BL) which are about 8 bucks each at www.bulbman.com
        Ed

        >I found the problem with my platemaker to be bad bulbs. The A&V tech guy came out and tested them and all bulbs were low on his reader meter (I don't know what the meter is called).
        >
        >Where is the best place to purchase bulbs? A&V is getting a quote for me, however, I would also like another source for price comparison.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Casey
        >http://www.inkylipspress.com

      • Ed Inman
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 23, 2009
          I checked out Gerald's source as well and they advertise them as low as $4.88:

          http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=F15T8BL

          Hard to beat that price.

          Ed

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 23, 2009
            Hi

            Atlanta Light Bulbs is the best place I have found to buy bulbs in terms of price and service. But note that platemaking machines have different requirements for bulbs. Mine uses TKL40W/10R (which is the bulb that Toyobo uses as a reference source in its testing). Most other machines that I have seen do not use this bulb. It is not a black light. You need to buy the specific bulb/ballast indicated for your machine as per its manual.

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Ed Inman <edinman@...> wrote:

            > I checked out Gerald's source as well and they advertise them as low as $4.88:
            >
            > http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=F15T8BL
            >
            > Hard to beat that price.
            >
            > Ed

          • Casey McGarr
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 24, 2009
              Thanks everyone for the light/tube/bulb information. My plate maker uses 14 F20T12/350BLK, I found prices from $9.50-$14.50 searching the web.

              Thanks again,

              Casey McGarr
              Inky Lips Letterpress