Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Want to join a letterpress workshop in Oakland?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2009
      Hi Rebecca!

      Be really careful with that C&P and your aluminum base!

      It's a good idea to plan on printing on press sheets which are over-
      size, to accommodate your design and plenty of "gripper" so you can
      put your gauge pins well away from the edge of the al-base.
      It's real easy to smash the pins into the base!

      Any particular fonts (sizes, families) of type you're looking for?

      Good luck!

      PF

      On 19 Apr 2009, at 3:35 PM, rebpow77 wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > An update: I did buy the 10" x 15" C&P press (yeah!) and I will be
      > moving into a 320 sq/ft studio space May 1st. The space is $300/
      > month, so if there are three of us that would be just $100/month.
      > There's one person who's interested in sharing the space, but I hope
      > to come across one more soon.
      > I have also decide to invest in a few cases of type. I'm looking
      > for some used type since I'm on a bit of a budget, so if you hear of
      > any for sale, I'd really appreciate if you could pass the info along
      > to me.
      >
      > Many thanks!
      > -Rebecca

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Almost Freeā„¢ Business Cards from Exquisite Letterpress
      http://slowprint.com/almostfreelp

      New! SlowPrint Newsletter!
      Signup: http://tinyurl.com/slowprint
      Current: http://slowprint.com/slowprintnl