Burgeoning Bookworks exhibit in Utah

  • Claire Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2009
      Below is a description of an upcoming exhibit from the students of our
      first semester of Artist's Books Class, in which the students can work
      with a variety of media, including photopolymer.

      DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST

      For more information: http://bookartsprogram.org or bookartsprogram@...
      or 801.585.9191

      Exhibition

      Burgeoning Bookworks

      May 1st through June 19th

      Special Collections Gallery,

      J. Williard Marriott Library, 4th floor

      Special Collections Gallery: MTThF 8-6; W 8-8; S 9-6

      Hours differ during University breaks and Holidays

      After spending spring semester in the Book Arts Program�s first
      semester-length course on Artists� Books, thirty students from the
      University and Utah community exhibit their final editions and one-of-
      a-kind creations. Delight in the design, writing, and craft that
      appear in their bookwork. As we watch portions of the book world meld
      into blogs, web pages, and Google books, look to this exhibition for a
      vision of the tangible book that showcases creativity, craftsmanship,
      and beauty. FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

      Claire Taylor
      Project Coordinator
      Book Arts Program
      J. Willard Marriott Library