Printing coasters on a windmill

  • ductormanpaperboy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
      Hello everyone

      I just had an inquiry on having some coasters printed. I was wondering what type of material would work on my Heidelberg platen?? I have read that people have had problems with the grippers & guides. Any info would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Ian Bristow
    • Taylor Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
        What stock are you using?

        Taylor Johnson  www.pagestationery.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
          Sorry, we have used up to 190# with no problems.

          Taylor Johnson Page Stationery, LLC 1146 Tricounty Drive Suite A Oilville, VA 23129 804.784.2277 p 804.784.2297 f www.pagestationery.com

          I just had an inquiry on having some coasters printed. I was wondering what type of material would work on my Heidelberg platen?? I have read that people have had problems with the grippers & guides. Any info would be appreciated.

          Thanks

          Ian Bristow

        • Bryan Hutcheson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
            Ian,

            we run coasters all the time. Our usual coaster material is an .080
            board from American Coaster we purchase by the skid. We run very
            tight registration. Check our site shopmanifestopress.com for some
            examples of our coasters we sell - Ultra, Bad Day at Blackrock, Liver
            Damage, and Dreade of Death.

            Also, we have pre-cut .080 coaster material we sell to other
            printers. 4" circles and 4" round corner coasters.

            bryan hutcheson
            manifesto letterpress / industrie standard
            4 open square way - L101
            holyoke, ma 01040
            p:877.529.0009

            www.manifestopress.com
            _________________________________
            full-service commercial letterpress
            announcements
            stationery
            packaging
            posters

          • intelligentdawg
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
              I am interested in this as well.
              If anyone knows if it works, can they also advise where to buy coaster stock, or pulpboard?

              Looking for 40pt, or 60pt pulpboard.

              thanks