Paper for offset & Letterpress

  • ductormanpaperboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hello, to everyone!!!

      I am working on a project that requires large solids & photography. I would like to use my small offset press for this and then finish the project using my Heidelberg Windmill, I am guilty of liking a substantial impression and I would like to use a stock that would be good for both processes. Would anyone have any Idea of a good paper to do this.

      Thank you
      Ian Bristow
      www.wedoprinting.net
    • parallel_imp
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2009
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "ductormanpaperboy" <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

        > I am working on a project that requires large solids & photography. I would like to use my small offset press for this and then finish the project using my Heidelberg Windmill, I am guilty of liking a substantial impression and I would like to use a stock that would be good for both processes.

        Ian, I'd just suggest a first pass of transparent white or other tint under the litho halftone. You'll get better ink holdout on uncoated stock.
        --Eric Holub, SF