CROSS POSTED: Problems with LETPRESS LIST......

  • Lance Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      As you all are aware of by now, there is a problem with the ListServ that controls the LETPRESS list many of us enjoy daily... Here's what I know at present, and passing it along to all:

      The entire LISTSERV service at UNB.CA is currently offline. As far as I have been able to determine, they upgraded software early yesterday (Tuesday) morning, and shortly after that, things started going wrong. In the AM, I noticed not being able to send to the list (bouncing), and by the time I got home from work in the PM, the whole shebang was out of operation, can't even access the website for web services....

      I have inquired with Terry Oakes, who is the list owner, this is what he said this morning:
      (Wendesday, March 4, 7:38AM)
      Hi Lance, there was an attempted upgrade a few days ago, they ran into
      problems and tried again this morning. The server was supposed to be down
      for a couple of hours max. I was told no posts would be lost, just spooled
      and sent later. I noticed I just got my digest copy of the list.

      If problems continue, let me know.

      Cheers,
      Terry
      I replied to him there are still problems, as our messages are still being bounced, which they might not be aware of... The website is partially active, but I can't access LetPress yet....

      - Lance