Disconnect

  • robtfturner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
      Anybody able to give me a clue as to what happened to LetPress@ListServ?
      I'm suddenly unable to post or reply.Offlist please.
      ~ Bob Turner
    • Michael Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
        Highlights of The Printer Issue 251
        337 Wilson Street Findlay OH 45840 419-422-4958
        theprinter4918@...
        free sample copy available � $30 a year

        King�s Books fifth annual Wayzgoose
        100 years of Hobo
        TypeCon2009: Rhythm
        Engravers come on home
        BYU-Idaho gets a replica of Grandin press
        Proofing press Tidigitations
        Watkins remembers getting the lead out
        Craft Guild of Dallas offering letterpress class
        Vandercook Book January 29 � March 21
        Bob Coyne receives Franklinton
        At long last, Ladies of Letterpress
        Museum of Printing is hidden treasure
        Stan Nelson�s type moulds by the dozens
        Coughlin makes his mark with antique technology
        Book Beautiful is 34th APHA conference
        Printing digital type cylinder presses
        Fay describes unique letterpress printed almanac
        Lasting Impressions: 25 years of Pyracantha Press
        Paul Moxon�s Vandercook workshop
        Shipley is not happy with The Printer
        Dolinski searching for information on pivotal caster
        Acrobatics on the Vandercook
        Spring 2009 GRIPHOG Share-A-Ton

        After 21 years of publication, The Printer is doing housecleaning, tweaking, updating of material gathering. The Printer did the historic glue pot/scissors collecting of news. Done this way because of lack of large staff and resources.
        Heretofore, items from internet support groups have been shared via The Printer newsletter with non-internet users � in other words with people who do not have computers. Internet saturation is about 70 percent. Items in support group main room can be read by anyone with a computer. Those without computers obviously do not have access to these items.
        Messages directed to whole group cannot be shared, as per recent laws. Previous thinking was if all support group users were in a hall and a person copied and published material, then it would be allowed. But that is not the case legally with current copyright laws. So it is hoped support group users might want to put line at bottom of messages stating it is okay to share with non-interneters.

      • Lance Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
          Bob,

          (replying on the list, as others are probably wondering as well...)

          I started noticing problems when I got up this AM, and managed to send a
          couple messages via the website interface. When I got home this evening,
          the whole thing was down, as far as I could tell... I have been unable to
          access anything via the website, and messages bounce back as undeliverable.

          The only thing I really can tell anyone is that apparently sometime around
          5AM this morning, they upgraded the software from ver. 14.7 to 15.5,
          according to changes in the message headers of those messages that have
          managed to filter through after 5AM.

          - Lance Williams
          Williams Stationery Co.
          Camden, New York