Re: Digital Fonts for Photopolymer.

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Mackie

      There have been a few digital typefaces designed for letterpress use
      but there is only one that I know of that is available for purchase.
      That would be dfTYPE's Rialto. It is quite nice. Sets and prints very
      well.

      Adobe did have a Multiple Master Jenson that was configurable for
      letterpress. The prospectus for the typeface included a showing
      printed by Margery Cantor. But the Multiple Master fonts were
      discontinued when Adobe abandoned the Postscript Type 1 font format
      for OpenType. The Jenson Pro OT does not include the variant
      configuration for letterpress.

      With font editing software you can adjust existing fonts to function
      more appropriately in the letterpress environment. I adjusted Monotype
      Bell and it seems to have worked out quite well in a broadside I just
      printed.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <G0godzilla@...> wrote:

      > Hi List,
      > Was I dreaming, or did I hear that Adobe carries a font that was
      designed for Letterpress?
      > I know they have several that are designed to LOOK like letterpress,
      but I'm wondering if they have any that work particularly well for
      photopolymer.
      > I know this has probably been covered so apologies in advance but I
      was looking through the archives and started to get crosseyed.